Natural-Looking Scalp Micro Pigmentation (SMP) Treatments for Men
Do you have hair loss problems or a scar on your head you want to hide?If you cannot stand going bald, or if you want to cover a scar on your scalp, Scalp Micro Pigmentation (SMP) can help by creating the illusion of real shaven hair while matching your natural hair color.
Understanding Scalp Micropigmentation
Scalp micropigmentation is an innovative and long-lasting solution to the problem of hair loss in both men and women. It provides an effective means of replicating the look of hair follicles, allowing a person to appear like they just had a close buzz cut on a full head of hair.Hair loss can be very devastating given how much pride we attach to our highly visible hair. Whether the hair loss is due to some form of alopecia, scarring, or other medical condition, there is often a loss in confidence that occurs. Many will end up covering their heads with hats, scarves, and bandanas in hopes of hiding their condition. This is, however, no way to live.While SMP is not a cure to hair loss, it does offer a better way of disguising the problem and helping a sufferer of hair loss regain their lost self-esteem. Let us look at just how it can work for you.
Right after 3rd session
How It WorksSMP is a solution developed in the US and UK that makes use of implanted organic carbon black pigments to imitate the appearance of hair follicles. With specialized equipment in the hands of highly trained practitioners, you can achieve remarkable results in a matter of days. The procedures are done in a clinically sterile environment to ensure maximum safety for clients.It typically takes 3-4 sessions of pigmentation work to achieve desired results. Each session can take between 1-6 hours, depending on the size of the scalp area to be worked on. The entire area to be worked on is completely covered during each session. This way the area becomes progressively darker with each session. These results can last more than 5 years before you notice a slow fading and a touch-up becomes needed.Sometimes also referred to as scalp or hair tattoo, this procedure typically works in four ways:
- Gives A Buzz Cut Look – even with extensive balding, this procedure gives the illusion of intact hair follicles. With SMP, a buzz-cut will appear more natural compared to growing longer hair to hide the balding areas. Keeping a neat buzz cut look has never been easier!
- Restores Receding Hairline – a talented hand is needed to help bring back a receded hairline. Not only will it come out looking neat and symmetrical, but you will also appear to have a fuller head of hair.
- Thickens Thinning Hair – thinning hair is most evident when more scalp becomes visible. A problem common to both sexes, it is easy to cover up and restore the look of fuller hair with SMP. The darkened scalp makes it hard to tell the difference between the scalp and actual hair.
- Disguises Transplant and Surgical Scarring - transplant scars often look like strips of naked skin have been torn away at the back. SMP restores uniformity to the hair follicles, so no one can tell the difference.
Conditions That Benefit from SMPMany conditions can result in hair loss. Whether the problem is temporary or permanent, SMP can help disguise the condition and allow you to feel confident in your looks. Here are some contributing conditions that people have gained relief from SMP.
- Hereditary factors or genetics
- Hormonal imbalances
- Effects of aging
- Side effects from medications like chemotherapy
Pros and Cons
- Noninvasive - For a long time, the most viable solution to severe hair loss has been the use of hair transplant procedures. These are often less cost-effective and invasive, and the results of hair transplant procedures can take up to 1 year. The chances of achieving desired results can be enhanced with SMP.
- Quick results - SMP treatments can be completed in as short as 2 weeks. Like many of our existing customers, you can then plan a treatment while on holiday in Thailand.
- Cost-effective – when compared to transplants and the cost of quality wigs/toupees/extensions, SMP makes for a great deal. The results are long-lasting and there is minimal maintenance required.
- High success rate – the organic pigments used are typically well tolerated by people, offering an excellent success rate for those that try it. Whether for medical or cosmetic reasons, you should achieve desirable results quickly.
- No side effect – SMP relies on organic pigments and no use of any medications that clients would react to. It is a safe procedure, especially when undertaken in a clean and professionally set up environment.
- Some redness affects the area when the procedure is done. This, however, clears up within a few hours after the session is over.
- The procedure itself is painless with people sometimes feeling discomfort rather than pain. If there is any indication of pain, a topical numbing cream can be applied.
- The condition of the skin and other internal and external factors affect how the skin holds the pigment. That accounts for different results for each individual. The dots will appear sharper on healthy skins rather than on oily and dry skins.
- In the case of darker skins, since the contrast between the color of the skin and the SMP is not very high, the SMP result may appear more of a shadow rather than replicated hair follicles.
About Hair Scalp Center
The best way to maximize the chances of SMP working for you is to have the procedure done by practitioners that are well trained for it. At the Hair Scalp Center in Bangkok, Thailand, you gain the benefit of treatments from US and UK trained practitioners working in a professional environment and with state of the art equipment.Fully licensed and part of the esteemed Team Micro network, you can be assured of the highest standard of care from a professionally trained and talented crew.
SMP for Men
Free consultation including mockups.
Treatment completed in 3 sessions in as short as 2 weeks.
Free take home aftercare kit.
• • •Get an idea of the cost of the SMP treatment on our pricing page and find out why you should consider Hair Scalp Center for your treatment.Contact us for a personalized quote and book a free consultation.