Pricing for Scalp Micro Pigmentation (SMP) for men and women and hair transplant scars
How Cost Is CalculatedWhen it comes to the SMP cost, it is good to remember that each person is affected differently when it comes to hair loss. For some it can be an issue of patches, while for others it could be just a receding hairline. This means that when evaluating clients, we must consider each case on its own merit to understand the level of treatment that will be called for.Typically, clients will require just 3 sessions for full treatment. The sessions are spaced some days apart to give the scalp enough time to heal and the pigments to settle.
Cost of SMP for men, hair density and alopeciaFor men, the Norwood scale is applied during pricing. This scale grades the severity of male pattern baldness suffered from Stages I to VII, the most advanced stage being Alopecia. It determines the level of treatment needed to cover the affected area.
|Level||2-2A-3||3 Vertex-3A-4-4A||5-5A||6-7||Alopecia Totalis||Alopecia Areata|
|Price for 3 sessions||฿ 29,000 - ฿ 39,000||฿ 45,000||฿ 55,000 - ฿ 59,000||฿ 65,000 - ฿ 69,000||฿ 89,000||Ask for quote|
|Avg. session duration||1h - 2h||2h - 2h30min||2h30min - 3h||3h - 4h||6h||3h- 5h|
|Price for touch-up||฿ 9,900||฿ 10,000 - ฿ 14,000||฿ 15,000 - ฿ 16,000||฿ 17,000 - ฿ 18,000||฿ 29,000||Ask for quote|
Cost of SMP for men at Norwood scale levels 2-2A-3
|Price for 3 sessions||฿ 29,000 - ฿ 39,000|
|Avg. session duration||1h - 2h|
|Price for touch-up||฿ 9,900|
Cost of SMP for men at Norwood scale levels 3 Vertex-3A-4-4A
|Price for 3 sessions||฿ 45,000|
|Avg. session duration||2h - 2h30min|
|Price for touch-up||฿ 10,000 - ฿ 14,000|
Cost of SMP for men at Norwood scale levels 5-5A
|Price for 3 sessions||฿ 55,000 - ฿ 59,000|
|Avg. session duration||2h30min - 3h|
|Price for touch-up||฿ 15,000 - ฿ 16,000|
Cost of SMP for men at Norwood scale levels 6-7
|Price for 3 sessions||฿ 65,000 - ฿ 69,000|
|Avg. session duration||3h - 4h|
|Price for touch-up||฿ 17,000 - ฿ 18,000|
Cost of SMP for men with Alopecia Totalis
|Price for 3 sessions||฿ 89,000|
|Avg. session duration||6h|
|Price for touch-up||฿ 29,000|
Cost of SMP for men with Alopecia Areata
|Price for 3 sessions|
|Avg. session duration||3h- 5h|
|Price for touch-up|
Cost of SMP for FUT, FUE, Plug scarsThe coverage of FUE scars with SMP usually requires more work than FUT scars, hence a higher average cost for covering FUE scars.Get 50% OFF on the cost of the SMP for the scar if you combine it with an SMP treatment for the rest of the scalp.
|Price for 3 sessions||฿ 16,900 - ฿ 25,000||฿ 21,000 - ฿ 36,000|
|Avg. session duration||1h||2h|
|Price for touch-up||฿ 7,000 - ฿ 9,900||฿ 9,900 - ฿ 15,000|
|Price for 3 sessions||฿ 16,900 - ฿ 25,000|
|Avg. session duration||1h|
|Price for touch-up||฿ 7,000 - ฿ 9,900|
|Price for 3 sessions||฿ 21,000 - ฿ 36,000|
|Avg. session duration||2h|
|Price for touch-up||฿ 9,900 - ฿ 15,000|
Cost of SMP for womenFor women, the Norwood and Ludwig scales are used. The Ludwig scale ranges from Stages I to III with a focus on female pattern baldness that tends to present at the crown of the head.
|Level||Frontal 1||Frontal 2||2||3||4||5|
|Price for 3 sessions||฿ 29,000||฿ 39,000||฿ 45,000||฿ 49,000||฿ 69,000||฿ 79,000|
|Avg. session duration||1h||1h30min||2h30min||3h||3h30min||5h|
|Price for touch-up||฿ 9,900||฿ 13,000||฿ 14,000||฿ 16,000||฿ 23,000||฿ 27,000|
Cost of SMP for women at Ludwig scale level Frontal 1
|Price for 3 sessions||฿ 29,000|
|Avg. session duration||1h|
|Price for touch-up||฿ 9,900|
Cost of SMP for women at Ludwig scale level Frontal 2
|Price for 3 sessions||฿ 39,000|
|Avg. session duration||1h30min|
|Price for touch-up||฿ 13,000|
Cost of SMP for women at Ludwig scale level 2
|Price for 3 sessions||฿ 45,000|
|Avg. session duration||2h30min|
|Price for touch-up||฿ 14,000|
Cost of SMP for women at Ludwig scale level 3
|Price for 3 sessions||฿ 49,000|
|Avg. session duration||3h|
|Price for touch-up||฿ 16,000|
Cost of SMP for women at Ludwig scale level 4
|Price for 3 sessions||฿ 69,000|
|Avg. session duration||3h30min|
|Price for touch-up||฿ 23,000|
Cost of SMP for women at Ludwig scale level 5
|Price for 3 sessions||฿ 79,000|
|Avg. session duration||5h|
|Price for touch-up||฿ 27,000|
How To Get a Quote?To get a good idea of how much your treatment will cost, you can take pictures of your front, back, sides, and top of your head and send them to the clinic for an assessment. This will allow us to provide you a cost estimate and a mock-up picture of the likely results you can expect with the SMP treatment.Where possible, a face-to-face consultation will work best so your scalp can be better examined and you have the chance to raise whatever issues of concern you have directly. Otherwise, we can arrange a video chat if you prefer. Feel free to contact us to book an appointment for a complimentary consultation.
PaymentOnce you have paid a deposit for your SMP treatment, the remaining amount will need to be paid upon checkout on the day of the first session.We accept debit or credit cards without any surcharge fee.
Why having an SMP treatment done at Hair Scalp Center?
Certifications and experience
- The best way to maximize the chances of SMP working for you is to have the procedure done by practitioners that are well trained for it. At the Hair Scalp Center in Bangkok, Thailand, you gain the benefit of treatments from US and UK trained practitioners working in a professional environment and with state of the art equipment.
- Fully licensed and part of the esteemed Team Micro network, you can be assured of the highest standard of care from a professionally trained and talented crew.
- Our artists are professionals certified from world-renowned leaders in the scalp micropigmentation industry and have worked on all types of skins and skin colors, as seen in our photo gallery. We also leverage our permanent makeup skills to implant the pigment correctly and blend different shades to obtain the best result.
- Our technicians are able to create the perfect dot size by applying the right amount of pressure to the needle to replicate a real shaven hair follicle.
- We put a particular emphasis on sterile techniques acquired from our nursing background.
- Our knowledge of the skin anatomy allows us to have a more accurate tattoo technique.
Quality of equipment
- We use pigments that are designed specifically for scalp which cannot change color over time because they do not contain any blue, green or purple constituent colors. If regular tattoo ink or permanent makeup pigments are used, the black ink can break down into other colors because of our immune system or the UV exposure from the sun. Moreover, pigments dedicated for scalp last longer than pigments designed for permanent makeup.
- We carefully select multiple shades, blend them and apply the scalp pigments into the skin to perfectly match your existing overall hair color.
- Based on our extensive experience and color theory knowledge, we have learnt that SMP results with only pure carbon black tend to be too cool so we've overcome it by adding a warm tone to create a special ink formula adjusted for each client. This warm color will help neutralize the tone to give a more natural finish to all kind of skin tones and undertones. Choosing the right tone for clients is part of the standard SMP process at Hair Scalp Center but it could be challenging for other artists who may not have the right SMP color theory knowledge and experience.
- We don't compromise on the quality of our equipment. Our premium machines provide maximum stability while our cartridge needles are extremely sharp and consistently deliver an optimized ink flow allowing our technicians to create thousands of impressions of high quality on the skin.
- We can use a range of anesthesia products to manage the pain during the procedure although we do not recommend using it for more efficient results.
- All our equipment is carefully cleaned with hospital grade disinfected wipes. We are the very first clinic in Thailand to use an autoclave to sterilize our equipment before and after the procedure.
- Our hygiene practices are so exhaustive that we even have shared our recommendations for other SMP clinics.
- Our clinic is fully registered with authorities and compliant with healthcare regulations which include the disposal of used needles and other clinical waste.
- Should you need to have a haircut before the procedure, we have a dedicated grooming room with professional barber equipment.
- There are 3 separate treatment rooms for maximum privacy. Depending on the current working area, we can alternate between treatment rooms with a chair or a bed for better comfort and accessibility.
- We are very proactive at answering all your questions in a timely manner.
- As part of our free online consultation or in-person at the clinic, we can create SMP mockups to give you an idea of what to expect.
- Before any procedure, we run a health screening to ensure the highest level of safety and efficiency of our treatments.
- Take-home aftercare is provided for free, including a disposable pad to put on your pillow.
- In addition to 3 SMP sessions, our treatments include an optional
complimentary 4th session valid up to 1 year from the 1st session. This 4th session may be needed to perfect the result as fading may be faster due to the tropical climate in Thailand or in case your skin does not hold the pigment as much as expected.
• • •